School officially began this morning with the annual tolling of the bell. Well, it would have tolled had someone not stolen the clacker from the bell. The president of the university and two former presidents began to ring the bell, a very solemn occasion, but the bell didn't make a sound! The president informed the culprit that he or she needed to spend a lot of time in prayer. He decided to toll the bell anyway. Whoever committed the 'crime' should not have done so, but I have to admit that it was funny to watch three people 'ringing' a silent bell!~The thoughts and ramblings of a girl called Meriwether; adventurous, prone to uncontrollable laughter, drinker of hot tea, and a devoted fan of BBC dramas. "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn-out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a ride!"
Translate
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
First Day of Classes
School officially began this morning with the annual tolling of the bell. Well, it would have tolled had someone not stolen the clacker from the bell. The president of the university and two former presidents began to ring the bell, a very solemn occasion, but the bell didn't make a sound! The president informed the culprit that he or she needed to spend a lot of time in prayer. He decided to toll the bell anyway. Whoever committed the 'crime' should not have done so, but I have to admit that it was funny to watch three people 'ringing' a silent bell!

3 comments:
Your dorm looks so cozy and home-like. I need to get some curtains and things for my room, because it is just bare bones, and I am not too impressed with it. It's good that it looks like you are going to enjoy your classes.
Your room looks awesome, but where are the pics of the rest of the place? I need details!;)
Love,
Shelby
Holly, I particularly loved the Romania slide show. It was beautiful to see all the children being loved!
Post a Comment