Translate

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Shaker Village---Kentucky

Mom and I visited Shelby for the weekend. Shelby was participating in a 25-mile endurance ride at Shaker Village, so we spent the night in one of the buildings and toured the property the next day.

~The house (built in 1817) in which Mom and I stayed for a night~
~View from our third floor window~



The building in which we stayed---It was huge!
~Shaker Village~
~Pretty Kentucky stone fence~

~Endurance riders: Shelby and Bridger did a great job! They came in 9th place out of 34 horses in their division.



Mom is utterly terrified of horses, but in a moment of courage, offered to help Shelby with Bridger...I took video of the whole thing...needless to say, it was hilarious! :)


~Shelby and Bridger hit the trail for the last 10 miles of the endurance ride~

I bonded with the goat. :)

This was a great climbing tree!


~One of the children's rooms~
~Sleepy kitty in the store window~

~Bridger, Shelby, & Nike~

No comments: