Translate

Friday, July 30, 2010

New Town, New Home, New Job

Just in case anyone was wondering, yes, I am still alive. :) I haven't updated the blog in a while because I didn't have internet for the first 2 weeks after I moved here, and I've been busy with my new job.
I moved in on July 10th and could not have done it without the tremendous amount of help provided by Mom, Dad, Grandma, & Grandpa. They were amazing! :) The injury of the day was attributed to Grandpa who cut his head on the shelf above the washer & dryer. No need for emergency assistance, however--a Band-Aid sufficed. :)
After my job began on July 19th, the unpacking slowed considerably. I figure I will have all the boxes unpacked in time for retirement. ha ha :)
My dogs (Audie & Stanley) moved into the backyard on July 16th after Dad (with assistance from Mom) built them a fence. They seem to have settled in nicely. They lounge in the shade, bark at the occasional car or person passing by, and lounge some more because it is so oppressively hot. They are such good companions and I enjoy having them around again after being away from them for 4 years during college.
I'm looking forward to a visit from Shelby at the end of August. We are long overdue for some sister time! :)
My weekend to-do list awaits.
1. Unpack the remaining boxes (a lofty & more than likely unattainable goal, I know)
2. Fold laundry
3. Catch up on all letter-writing

No comments: