Translate

Monday, February 11, 2013

Titanic

October 2012
On Tuesday, Dad went fishing and Mom, Nikki, and I toured the Titanic museum.

The museum was fascinating and we were able to meet two men who had dived to the site of the wreckage!
At one point in the museum, you could walk along the bridge of the ship and reach your hand over the edge to feel the water at the temperature it was when the Titanic sank. The water was 28 degrees. When my fingers first made contact with the water, it was as if my hand had been shocked; it was so terribly cold. I cannot even begin to imagine the terror of the passengers when their entire bodies slipped into the icy ocean. I only kept my hand submerged for ten seconds, but when I pulled it out of the water, it was completely numb. I can see how most of the passengers were dead within minutes of reaching the water.
~Our final morning in the Smokies~
They aren't called the Smoky Mountains for nothing!


No comments: